Simple steps you can take to make sure you are prepared for the road ahead.
You’ve got your RV packed, your campsites booked, the family and pets loaded up – ready to hit the open road. Even the best laid plans can take an unexpected turn…your back goes out, the kids get sick, your chest develops a sharp pain, or you lose your glasses… and your trip takes a turn for the worst. Follow these Good Sam Travel Assist pre-trip planning tips to make sure you have everything you need in case of an emergency.
Tip #1: Make sure your Good Sam Travel Assist card is by your insurance card in your wallet. In the event of an emergency call 9-1-1, then call Travel Assist. We’re here to help 24/7!
Tip #2: Bring copies of all important medical and travel documentation:
- Medical insurance
- Your primary care physician’s name and contact information
- Your prescriptions and pertinent medical history
- Your pet’s vaccination information
- Your passport or driver’s license
Tip #3: Make sure all important prescriptions are up-to-date and full
Tip #4: Make a list of emergency contacts
Remember, Travel Assist is here to assist you with anything you need while you are out on the road.
Here are just a few of the benefits and assistance we provide for you and your family:
- We’ll get your RV/Vehicle home in the event you are unable to drive
- We’ll get you to the care you need- even if it means transporting you to another hospital or home from another country.
- We’ll make sure you, your spouse, your children, and even your pets get home safely after an emergency.
- We’ll help make recommendations for doctors, dentists; arrange for medication and prescription glasses replacements; and even arrange for lost luggage assistance.
We’ve got you covered!
Be prepared for your next trip. Join Good Sam Travel Assist today
“On a scale of 1 to 10, this experience was a 20! My husband and I were delivered safely to our home and my stress level was greatly reduced. He was in excellent hands. This whole experience made a difficult situation much easier. I can’t imagine not having TravelAssist.” – Pamela D.